Here you will find upcoming field trips and special events. INCH members can sign
up on co-op days or by contacting a Field Trip Coordinator or INCH Board Member.
|Event:||City of Hayden Arbor Day Exhibits|
|Day:||Wednesday, Apr 24, 2019|
|Location:||Atlas Elementary School on their playfield. |
|Address:||3000 W. Honeysuckle Avenue, Hayden, ID 83835|
|Details:||At Noon, Mayor Steve Griffitts will Read the Arbor Day Proclamation & Announce the Winners of the 2019 Arbor Day Sticker Art Contest.|
The celebration will include...
• Hands-on activities at learning centers for all ages
• Seedlings will be distributed to participants
2018 Sticker Grand Prize Winner Chase Gregory
Arborists and Master Gardeners will be available to assist you with your tree planting, pruning, growing and maintenance question
• A tree chosen by Atlas Elementary will be planted on the school grounds
Center Activities at a Glance
Hazards, Risks, Bugs
2. Planting Station
3. Tree History and Hayden
Sun and Trees
4. Light’s Path and Types of Light
5. Tree Bingo and Herbology
6. USFS – Good Fires and Bad Fires
7. Forest to Mill
• The information booth will have your supplies already bagged for distribution to students.
• Maps of the centers will be on the backs of the passports for easy location of activities.
• We have two classroom sets of “Why would anyone cut a tree down?” to give away as a drawing at the end of the event for educators who place their name in the bucket.
• Bring a sack lunch as part of your day.
• Please use the center grid above to best address your goals for the day for your students.
We look forward to seeing you and your students for a great Arbor Day celebration!
As our weather is very unpredictable in April, the Hayden Schools have graciously agreed to rotate the event each year by hosting at their schools; Atlas Elementary is hosting this year. The event will take place on the school’s grassy field. In case of inclement weather, the event will be moved into the gymnasium.